Friday, December 10, 2010

Ne-Yo Not Happy With CD Sales

*With disappointing first week sales of his new CD, “Libra Scale,” singer/producer Ne-Yo is speaking out.

He recently told the press that he was quite unhappy being at #9 on the Billboard charts, way behind Kanye West and Nicki Minaj.

“I was a little disturbed by my first week numbers but a lot of things went into that first week number,” he said of the album, which sold 103,000 copies in its first week. His expectations were of course higher being that his last three projects landed the no.1 or no. 2 spots.

“The album getting leaked a month in advance definitely had something to do with it. That was another situation where I jumped on my soapbox (Twitter) and let the world know how I felt about that. You know, it’s the world we live in today, it’s the game. You either play the game or you get out. I’m not gonna let the ignorance of some stop me from doing what I feel like I was put on this earth to do.”

Cheer up Ne-Yo, you could be Soulja Boy. According to online reports, his latest release, “The Deandre Way,” only sold 13,000 copies.

No comments:

Back to TOP