Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Cy Harp Interviewed By OHHA

Here's the interview with my dude Cyharp with The Ohio Hip Hop Awards. Check it out.



Name: Cy Harp (The most relatable artist)
City: Massillon, Oh
Skill: Helping individuals commit to doing something with their life. I rap on the side!
Years in the game: Not in the game yet… Still broke and trying to make something of myself. Ask me that same question next year so I can say a few months.
Website(s):
Myspace
Twitter
Youtube
Press Kit

Essince: You started music at such a young age. Did you ever do anything besides MC or did you always want to rhyme?
Cy Harp: I always wanted to rhyme. Just walking in the footsteps of my older brother, that’s all I wanted to be. Luckily, he was doing something positive then, or we wouldn’t be doing this interview right now.

Essince: I understand you also won the 50 Mics show in South Beach. Can you tell me a little about that? How’d you hear about it?
Cy Harp: Being honest, I was definitely the best talent there. But I truly think that didn’t matter. I believe they picked me so I could win the trip to New York. Then once I showed up to New York it was marketed it like, “We got artists from everywhere coming here, so you artists out there should be apart of this.” [The] reason I feel that way is that they had me doing drops with no relevance to anything. It’s all good though, it was a solid look. I don’t even remember how I heard about it truly, I think they hit me up on Myspace.

E: I know you sponsor a high school basketball team. Can you elaborate on that? Did you play at all? Or any other sports?
CH: Yea, I sponsor the warm up gear. The last, like, 5 years there all the best athletes on the hoop squad was like my little brothers. I really helped them with their game so in return they talked to the coach about wearing my shirts and stuff while they warm up. Kind of like a shout out to me. Yea, I played on the basketball team. Massillon Tiger ‘04 hoop squad. Ask anybody about me that we played, I probably lit ‘em up. hahaha

E: Haha. Real talk, I think I remember seeing you play. But, what is your ultimate goal with music?
CH: Being remembered forever for the things I brought to the game!

E: What’s the scene like in Massillon? Is there much of a market for hip hop or do you think you’d need to expand out to bigger cities Toledo, Akron, or Cleveland?
CH: Honestly there isn’t much of a scene in Massillon. It’s only 28 thousand people total hahaha. I’m making it a scene now. Before me you may have never mentioned Massillon. Yes I think I need to expand out to the bigger cities, but I would do that regardless. Even if I lived in a city like Cleveland my whole life. It’s beyond the Ohio cities though, I’m thinking internationally.

E: What do you expect from this year’s Ohio Hip Hop Awards? Both personally and as an event?
CH: I don’t expect nothing from the Ohio Hip Hop Awards personally. My roots won’t allow it, I don’t expect nothing from my momma on the personal side. But as an event, I expect it to be very nice… It will display the underground talent that we have in Ohio.

Essince: Do you have any additional comments or shout outs?
Cy Harp: Just want to say thank you to you first off for even taking the time out to give me this interview. I show love to Ladies of All Honesty, Grady, Brook D, C.H.A.D, Grizz, Double Take Photography, all family & friends, and everybody that supports and don’t support me. I got love for everyone. On an ender, I just want to say to everybody… IF YOU’RE COMFORTABLE BEING YOURSELF, YOU’RE ALL HONESTY!

Look out for Cy at the Ohio Hip Hop Awards this year along with a lot of what Ohio has to offer the game September 18-20. AND BE SURE TO VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE ARTISTS, DJs, RADIO SHOWS, AND MUCH MORE!

http://ohiohiphopawards.wordpress.com/2009/08/15/ohio-profile-cy-harp/

No comments:

Back to TOP