Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Scarface Has Harsh Words For Hip Hop


According to Yo raps, rapper scarface is tired of the bubble gum rap that's out today and says it's ruining hip-hop. Scarface blames it on the white boys behind the desk and says they are punishing the rap game.The Southern Hip-Hop veteran explains why he hates Rap, letting us know his thoughts about Soulja Boy and why Emeritus is his last album.

Scarface recently caused a lot of noise by saying “F*ck Rap”, he lets us know his issues with the industry and how he would start to rebuild it.

“I'd start from the top. The first thing is everything would have to be screened. The fu*cking fruit snack Rap would be done. Anything that punishes Hip-Hop. Anything that does not add to the art form and that takes away from what Hip-Hop is,” Scarface explained.

“Anything that radio plays is wack. All the great records don't get played. I feel like radio and big record companies are trying to destroy Black music with the shit that they play,” he continued.

When asked how he feels about artists like Soulja Boy, Face told Yo! Raps, “I think Soulja Boy had a brilliant idea, what he did with it was great. He took what he had and made money from it.”

Soulja Boy and other rappers who are selling millions of ringtones are discrediting the Rap game, according to the Southern MC. "I think it's bullshit, it discredits the whole Hip-Hop movement when you resort to ringtone rapping. It's not respecting the game, it's disrespecting it. I think the internet, Black radio and big record companies are hurting Black music."

The problem in this music industry are obviously “white boys” who are in control, according to Scarface. “How can a gang of white boys tell a n*gga what's hot? Quote that, I said that, I said it!”

“I think the f*cking roles need to be reversed. N*ggas should be sitting behind the desk, them muthaf*ckas should be running around. Giving certain artists the spotlight, their moving inside our position, it's bullshit!”

Face’s latest album Emeritus that dropped on December 2 will be his last one. “Yeah my last solo album as Scarface. I'm changing my whole shit up.”

“I'm going to make some great music though. I get a chance to play my guitar, pick my band, and put my horn section together. Instead of standing up there with 8000 muthaf*ckas on stage and ain't nobody doing shit but hollering on the mic.. that is not Hip-Hop,” he said about his future plans.

No comments:

Back to TOP